POLISHED CONCRETE WORKTOPS
POLISHED CONCRETE is also known as POLISHED CEMENT and MICROCEMENT, and is a very good choice for kitchen worktops or furniture due to it's very hard wearing qualities and stunning look. You could either opt for a
- highly polished modern concrete look
- old style concrete, or perhaps
- polished concrete with a cloudy effect
KITCHEN WALLS ...
... for your kitchen walls you could use
- Polished Venetian Plaster,
- Marmorino or
- Microcement is fully waterproof, and can be used for all surfaces: worktops, furniture, walls, and floors.
- Polished Plaster and Tadelakt are both water resistant, but not waterproof. They absorb water, and being a natural material this is fine. They can be cleaned as normal and will not affect the durability of the finish. Sometimes Gueorgui is asked to seal this finish in order to make it fully waterproof, but he will not do this as it spoils the natural finish, and the plaster is then unable to breathe.
- You will never need to paint Polished Plaster and Tadelakt . They will look natural and beautiful either polished ,slightly polished or not polished at all. In the long term they are a very economic solution as they require very little maintenance over time, such as rewaxing or resealing.